2010 Technology Camp Schedule
Camp days follow a regular schedule:
- 8:00 - 8:30 am : Student drop-off at the University of Minnesota
- 8:30 - 9:30 am : Breakfast (provided)
- 9:30 - 12:00 pm : Activity block I
- 12:00 - 1:00 pm : Lunch (provided)
- 1:00 -3:30 pm : Activity block II
- 3:30pm: Student pick-up
This summer's activities include:
There may be more activities added throughout the upcoming months.
- Campus Tour: During this tour the students are introduced to the University of Minnesota campus and are shown some of the available facilities.
- Lab Tours: The students are shown various innovative research labs and given hands-on examples of current work. The toured labs include:
- The Center for Distributed Robotics, where the students are shown research in Robotics and Computer Vision, and are given the opportunity to test out some of the robots that have been developed here.
- The Virtual Reality Lab, where students experience virtual reality through various interactive demonstrations.
- The Artificial Intelligence Lab introduces the students to research done in this field by showing Sony Aibo robots.
- The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Research Group. Students are shown some of the lab's airplanes and videos of flight.
- We are currently working on planning more lab tours for this summer's camps.
- Alice: Students are introduced to the world of programming through the interactive computer program Alice. This easy to learn program introduces the principles of Computer Science in an understandable fashion.
- Robot-Bug Project: Students learn proper tool usage and basic circuit elements through building a light seeking robotic bug kit.
- Robolympics: Students compete in different games using the Scout and Explorer robots.